Prof. Hai-Tao Zhang was born in 1977, now he is the Deputy Dean of School of Artificial Intelligence and Automation; Distinguished Professor of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, doctoral tutor, Changjiang Young Scholar, National Top Young Talents, National Excellent Youth, New Century Excellent Talent. Prof. Zhang received his B.Eng. degree from the Department of Automation, University of Science and Technology of China and his Bachelor of Business Administration from the Department of Administration Science, University of Science and Technology in 2000. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Automation, University of Science and Technology in 2005. He worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Control Group of Engineering Department, University of Cambridge from 2007.1-2007.12. In 2005, he joined the Huazhong University of Science and Technology as an associate professor, and was promoted to professor in 2010. Later, Prof. Zhang was named as doctoral tutor. He had visited academic institutions such as University of Cambridge, California University, University of Virginia and etc.
Prof. Zhang has been engaged in the research of collective intelligence, artificial intelligence, collaborative manufacturing of group robots, coordination control of fully autonomous unmanned surface vessels for a long time. He has presided over more than 20 projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, major research plans and etc. He is the first author and corresponding author of 84 SCI papers with 39 Automatica and IEEE Transactions, he also participated in the writing of three English Monographs. The research work received favourable comments form more than 10 academicians in Europe and America and more than 40 IEEE Fellows, and selected as the research highlights of Nature Physics in 2016. 37 patents are applied and authorized.
Prof. Zhang is a member of Editorial Board of Scientific Reports which is published by Nature, SCI international journals IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems II and Asian Journal of Control; Editorial Board member of IEEE CDC, ACC, IFAC and etc.; IEEE Senior Member. He was invited by President of the American Academy of Sciences to give a report at fifteenth Chinese-American Kavil Frontiers of Science symposium. The team "Multi-robot coordination control" led by him was selected as the 2016 Academic Young Frontline Team of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. He also instructs students to obtain excellent doctoral dissertations in Hubei Province once, excellent master's thesis twice.
IEEE Senior Member;
Chairman of IEEE Control System Association Wuhan Branch;
Editorial Board of Nature publishing journal Scientific Reports;
Editorial Board of Asian Journal of Control;
Editorial Board of Journal of Systems Science and Mathematical Sciences;
Editorial Board of IEEE Control Systems Association;
Conference editorial board of IEEE CDC、ACC、IFAC、ASCC、CCC and CCDC;
Reviewer of IEEE Trans on Automatic Control, IEEE Trans on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part B, IEEE Trans on Automation Science and Engineering, IEEE Trans on Neural Networks, IEEE Trans on Circuits and Systems I, IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, Automatica, Systems and Control Letters, PLoS Computational Biology, Europhysics Letters and other international journals.
Artificial Intelligence, Collective Intelligence, Collaborative Manufacturing of Group Robots, Coordination Control of Fully Autonomous Unmanned Surface Vessels
Projects as Principal Investigator
1. Changjiang Young Scholar.
2. National Top Young Talents.
3. The National Excellent Youth Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China with Grant No. 61322304, "Robust and Prodictive Control".
4. Major Research Plan of the National Natural Science Foundation of China with Grant No. 91023034, "Model predictive micro-environment control for nano-jet printing platform".
5. The Joint Research Fund for Overseas, Hong Kong and Macao Young Scholars of NNSFC with Grant No. 51328501, "Micro and nano-positioning dynamics and control".
6. National Natural Science Foundation for Young Scientists of China wuth Grant No. 60704041, "Biomedically inspired model predictive control (MPC) for distributed parameter systems".
7. Chinese Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University with Grant No. NCET-09-0343, "Collective behavior analysis and control for microorganism colonies".
8. Outstanding Youth Project of the Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province with Grant No. 2012FFA009, "Active controller design of ve-axis digital machining system for heavy machine tools".
9. The National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSFC) with Grant No. 61673189, "Individual intelligence analysis and predictive control for collective behavioral systems".
10. Joint Research Fund for Overseas, Hong Kong and Macao Young Scholars of NNSFC with Grant No. 51729501, "Controller design for noise-resilient high-speed high-precision nanopositioning".
1.H.-T. Zhang, “MPC for Block-Oriented Nonlinear Systems with Input Constraints” (Book Chapter), Advanced Model Predictive Control, InTech, 2011.
2.H.-T. Zhang, Z. Chen, and H. Ding, “Adaptive LQR control to attenuate chatters in milling processes,” Intelligent Robotics and Applications, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
3.H.-T. Zhang, Z. Cheng, M.-C.Fan and Y. Wu, “Collective Behavior Coordination with Predictive Mechanisms”(Book Chapter), Complex Systems and Networks, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2015.
Representative Publication（* represents Corresponding author）
1.H.-T. Zhang*, C. Zhai and Z. Chen, A general alignment repulsion algorithm for flocking of multi-agent systems,IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 430-435, 2011.
2.H.-T. Zhang, Z. Chen* and X. Mo*, Effect of adding edges to consensus networks with directed acyclic, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2017.2692527.
3. M.-C. Fan, Z. Chen Z. andH.-T. Zhang*, Semi-global consensus of nonlinear second-order multiagent systems with measurement output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 2222-2227, 2014.
4. A. Ponomarev, Z. Chen andH.-T. Zhang*, Discrete-Time Predictor Feedback for Consensus of Multi-Agent Systems with Delays, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2017.2722860.
5. Z. Chen andH.-T. Zhang*, No-beacon collective circular motion of jointly-connected multi-agents, Automatica-Regular paper, vol. 46, pp. 1929-1937, 2011.
6. Z. Chen andH.-T. Zhang*, A remark on collective circular motion of heterogeneous multi-agents, Automatica, vol. 49, pp. 1236-1241, 2013.
7.H.-T. Zhangand Z. Chen*, Collaborative control of multivehicle systems in diverse motion patterns, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol.24, no.4, pp.1488-1494, 2016.
8.H.-T. Zhang, Z. Chen*, L. Yan and W. Yu ,Application of collective circular motion control to multi-robot systems,IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 21, no.4, pp. 1416-1422, 2015.
9. Z. Chen,H.-T. Zhang*, M.-C. Fan, D.Wang and D. Li, Algorithms and experiments on flocking of multi-agents in a bounded space, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 22, no.4, pp. 1544-1549, 2014.
10. Z. M. Cheng,H.-T. Zhang*, M.-C. Fan and G. Chen, Distributed consensus of multi-agent systems with input constraints: a model predictive control approach, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I -Regular paper, vol. 62, no.3, pp. 825-834, 2015.
1. First Class Natural Science Award (1/3), Hubei Province, P.R.China, 2015
2. Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Scientific Chinese, 2014
3. First Class Excellent Natural Science Paper Award (1/3), Hubei Province, P.R.China, 2012
4. Nominee Best Paper Award of the 11th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Singapore, 2010
5. U.K./China Fellowship for Excellence Programme, 2006(Rank first)
6. President Prize of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2004
7. The Cooperation Innovation Award of Production, Study and Research of China, 2017(Rank first)
8. The first "Ten Academic Stars" of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2016
9. Youth 54 Medal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2016
10. Head of Youth Team in Academic Frontier, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2016
11. Outstanding Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2015
12. The Cooperation Innovation Award of Production, Study and Research of China, 2017(Rank first)
13. Gold Medal of The 46th Geneva Salon International Des Inventions, 2018
1. Static spray printing nanofiber diameter closed-loop control method and device, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2013103965736, 2013.
2. Nano-fiber diameter control method based on substrate speed adjustment and control device, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2013106591640, 2013.
3. Milling machining chatter active control system and method, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2013101451776, 2013.
4. An active chatter attenuation equipment for high speed machining processes based on active magnetic bearing, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2014106045684, 2014.
5. An milling flutter active control method based on magnetic suspension bearings electric spindle, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2014108059107, 2014.
6. Internal and external flaw magnetic flux leakage detection distinguishing method and device based on superficial reversed field, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2014100557180, 2014.
7. Image matching method based on Zernike matrix, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN201210395617, 2012.
8. A multi-manipulator suppression equipment for thin wall milling vibration, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2015100082896, 2015.
9. A thin wall milling system with real-time deformation compensation, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN201610278654X, 2016.
10. An excitation simulation equipment for high speed machining chatters based on active magnetic bearing, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2014206456988, 2014.
11. An active suppression equipment for high speed machining chatters based on active magnetic bearing, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2014206456973, 2014.
12. A multidata type plane cluster movement data acquisition system, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2016111865748, 2016.
13. An multidimensional data measuring device and method for moving objects, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2016112378547, 2016.
14. A kind of cluster motion data acquisition method and system based on image processing technology, Chinese Invention Patent, Application No. CN2016111865818, 2016.
Visual simulation software of Vicsek model V1.0, 2016SR194631(Rank 1)